ENPAD established an Advocacy Group to ensure that we are able to raise our voices concerning matters that affect our African communities across Europe and also at an international level.
Through this group WE:
- Advocate for national action plans against racial discrimination and an EU-wide framework for people of African descent in Europe.
- Ensure that that key international conventions and agreements are accessible and comprehensible, in terms of the language used and availability in a variety of formats. We believe that documents such as the Durban declaration, the ICERD convention and the UN program of activities for the Decade must be readily available to all African communities across the EU.
- Implement an advocacy strategy for the UN Decade (2015-2024) and actively encourage all ENPAD members to engage in this process at national level.
- Engage EU and international institutions to raise awareness of issues that impact African communities, or provide opportunities for our communities.
- Organise and coordinate high level meetings, training, workshops and learning spaces that focus on issues related to African in Europe.